Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wiggets for people with Cancer

In October of '10 I learned to make Wiggets for people who have lost their hair due to Cancer treatment - I do this in honor of those many friends who had and have cancer - I started making them and donating them to The Cancer Center in Arlington. Marcie likes to sit outside and in Texas you can do that mostly all year round - so when we sit outside I crochet these hats and when I get 30 or so made I take them to The Cancer Center.


So many people have done for us over the years it makes me feel good to do for others by donating these crocheted Wiggets.

"Don't Ever Give Up"

When Marcie was first Diagnosed with ALS in 1994 we saw this picture hanging in one of the rooms of the doctors offices we visited - actually we saw it in the room where she had her breathing evaluated so I ask for a copy of it. Marcie colored it when she still had the use of her hands and fingers and then I shrunk it and I attach it too all the Wiggets I donate.

So in this way she is helping me send a message to others with a serious illness.Most of the Wiggets are made out of fun fur.

No comments: