Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rose Bowl Parade on New Years Day in Pasadena, California

Building Dreams Friendships & Memories is truly what the All Birdville Marching Band did when they were in the Rose Bowl Parade on January 1, 2011 in Pasadena, California. The 3 high schools from North Richland Hills, Texas marched as one big band - 550 members strong. Spending a week in California seeing sights before the big parade the day before they came home - back to Texas. 9th. - 12th graders were in this band. Paula Deans with her husband was the Grand Marshall of the parade.
And here they come - I think they were #10 in the parade so they were right at the beginning of the parade.
Flying that TEXAS flag proudly as they marched down the parade route!





All the drum majors from the 3 high school bands lead this All Birdville Band in the parade with the trumpet players right behind them. The drums were in the middle of the band so the 550 members could keep in step. My grandson plays the trumpet - I know where he marched in the line up so I think I see him in this picture.
Thanks to Kimba who took these pictures for me - she and her family were in California for the TCU game - I ask her is she was going to the game which was a silly question knowing what huge fans they are of TCU then I ask her if they were going to the parade and if so would she take some pictures of this band for me . Thanks muchly my friend -

All their hard work for the months before the parade paid off - they had fun, a great experience and a safe trip to and form California. Thank you God for taking care of this group of young people and all the teachers, parents and brothers and sisters who went along on this trip.

No comments: