Friday, March 6, 2009

Blog to Blog - connecting people

Elizabeth had twins -I signed in on her blog - someone saw my comment and checked out my blog - not unusually - except when this person started thinking back to her childhood something clicked.
---------
When Marcie was first diagnosed with ALS - somehow we met a lady named Brenda who also had ALS - I remember like yesterday -Brenda and her Mom, Marcie and I met for lunch at Grandy's in Richland Hills -I have hardly passed that place in years but when I do I always remember the day I met Brenda and her Mom there.

Brenda had lost her arm strength when we first met - Marcie could still carry her tray but her arms were weak. Brenda could not carry her tray -her mom carried her tray for her. In the months that followed I was caring Marcie's tray as Brenda's Mom had carried hers.

I kept up with Brenda talking to her and her parents on the phone - the somehow - I kinda think her Dad called me to tell me when Brenda lost her battle with ALS. I remember talking to Brenda's daughter at times - just because she answered the phone.

I may have talked to her Mom & Dad - Brenda's Mom & Dad - a couple of times after that and then we lost touch -till this week -

Brenda's daughter Corrie, had gone to ACU with Elizabeth so she was reading Elizabeth's blog - after reading my comment on Elizabeth blog and her checking out my blog Corrie put two and two together and sent me an email saying " This might be the strangest email you will ever receive" explaining just who she was - we have been "talking" ever since by way of email.

Corrie wrote a very sweet posting on her blog today (March 6th) about us reconnecting:
http://mommyloftin.blogspot.com/

God did this - I just know it - for some reason only known to HIM - HE put us back in touch with each other after all these years.

God does everything for a reason -

No comments: