Thursday, January 15, 2009

Message to PALS & CALS

15 years ago this month our lives changed forever!
vvv
In the months that followed Marcie would go monthly to UT Southwestern in Dallas for breathing tests since she was in two different drug trials in those first 3 yeas after diagnoses. In one of the rooms where the breathing test was done was a copy of a picture like this - but it was not colored in - a copy was given to Marcie and she colored it in -
xxx
All PALS and CALS must remember NEVER GIVE UP !
xxx
ALS is awful - for not only the person with ALS but their family members and friends but we all must NEVER GIVE UP - God has always been in our lives but especially during the past 15 years God has been with Marcie and our family - without God we never could have made it - we do not understand this but we have learned to accept it - it is all in God's plan for our life. We are praying for a cure and a miracle to put a stop to ALS forever.
x
In some ways the past 15 years have been so long but in other ways it was like yesterday -
x
So to all PALS and CALS - NEVER GIVE UP ! ! !



5 comments:

Carolyn said...

So true!! I started to cry while reading you post! You really find out how deep you have it in you to not give up when something like this happens to you in life. Thanks for posting this, we all sometimes need reminders!

Ms. M said...

I follow Suzanne Steece's blog, and I found your blog through hers. I haven't read much of your story yet, but I just wanted to post because I lost an older friend a few years ago to ALS, and I know how scary it can become. Also, my SIL works for the North Texas Chapter of the ALS Association in Irving, TX. You probably already know about them. I would post the link, but I figured I couldn't post links in a comment.

I am about to go read more about you and your daughter, but I want to second, Never Give Up!

(Oh - and yeah - the 80 degrees, and then the ice - crazy.)

Linda Frances said...

I was one of the founders of the ALSA North Texas Chapter - myself and 6 others formed this chapter several years ago - I headed the Walk to D'feet ALS in Waco for 2 years and helped a lot with the Walks in Grand Prairie and Lubbock also - so I do know about this chapter.

So correct - 80 degrees and then ice - so crazy - but this is Texas

Ms. M said...

That just brought a smile to my face, Linda. Learning a little more about you - and the Diaper Darlings - yes, of course you were one of the founders. You have helped many.

Corrie Loftin said...

Do you remember where you got this picture from? I know it was hanging in our house when I was a kid and my mom was battling ALS. I wish I knew where it was now. NEVER GIVE UP!